Skip to main content

Actress Leah Remini sues Church of Scientology

  Actress Leah Remini sues Church of Scientology L eah Remini is taking legal action against the Church of Scientology and its leader, David Miscavige, for harassment and defamation. The actress, who starred in the sitcom The King of Queens, joined the Church in 1979 as a child and left in 2013. Remini, 53, claims Scientology's "mob-style operations and attacks" have "significantly" impacted her life and career. BBC News has asked the Church of Scientology for comment. In a statement released to Variety, Remini said: "For 17 years, Scientology and David Miscavige have subjected me to what I believe to be psychological torture, defamation, surveillance, harassment, and intimidation, significantly impacting my life and career. "I believe I am not the first person targeted by Scientology and its operations, but I intend to be the last." Church says it is still committed to Scientology HQ in Gateshead Scientologists win 'public worship...

Taylor Swift thanks fans as 'Anti-Hero' joins Spotify's 'Billions Club'

 Taylor Swift thanks fans as 'Anti-Hero' joins Spotify's 'Billions Club'

Taylor Swift has received another benchmark adding to her already impressive singing resume. The songstress has scored yet another entry into "Billions Club" on Spotify meaning that her song have been played over a billion times on the platform.

The 33-year-old singer released a heartfelt statement following her achievement in which she thanked her fans for their support.

The music streaming platform revealed that Anti-Hero by Taylor Swift has been streamed over a billion times on the platform.

Mirror reports that Spotify shared the achievement of Taylor Swift in a post on social media. Their post read, "Taylor Swift's Anti-Hero is the newest member of the Billions Club. Thanks to all the fans."

Taking to Instagram, Swift responded to the announcement by writing, "Thanks a billion guys."

Taylor Swift thanks fans as Anti-Hero joins Spotifys Billions Club
Taylor Swift thanks fans as 'Anti-Hero' joins Spotify's 'Billions Club'

Fans have celebrated the achievement with her with one writing, "Deserved."

Another congratulated her while hailing Anti-Hero as the best song. A third fan wrote, "Congrats on 1 billion."

This isn't the first time Taylor has achieved more than a billion streams on Spotify. She had already her three songs added to the Billions Club.

Those songs include Shake It Off, Blank Space and I Don't Wanna Live Forever.

Anti-Hero is from an album named Midnight that was last year by Taylor Swift. 

There are a total of 449 songs in the Billions Club on Spotify and the artists who have achieved this hallmark include Rihanna, Britney Spears, Harry Styles, ABBA, Adele and The Weekend. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Margot Robbie: life and secrets of the Australian 'Barbie'

  Margot Robbie: life and secrets of the Australian 'Barbie' Margot Robbie's beginnings Margot Elise Robbie was born on the 2nd of July 1990 in Dalby, Australia. Though we now know her as an actress, she started her career as a model. Read how she went from sharing an apartment with seven people to becoming one of Hollywood's big stars. ICU (2009) 'ICU' was Margot Robbies's first film role. It was shot in 2007 and brought out in 2009. She was 18 years old by then. Neighbours (2010) Margot Robbie's first well-known performance was in the long-standing Australian soap series 'Neighbours.' She appeared in episode 5,466 of a series that had been running since 1985. From Australia to New York On January 26, 2011, Margot Robbie's character Donna Freedman decided to move to New York to become a fashion designer. This was the last 'Neighbours' chapter in which Robbie appeared...

US deeply concerned by India sexual assault case in viral videos

  US deeply concerned by India sexual assault case in viral  videos. > The assault was reported by the victims aged 21 and 19 in May during intense ethnic clashes between the tribal Kuki people and majority ethnic Meitei over potential changes to economic benefits given to the Kuki WASHINGTON: The United States said on Sunday it was deeply concerned by reports of viral videos showing two women paraded naked in India’s northeastern state of Manipur, a sexual assault case that enraged the country. The assault, in which a mob allegedly raped and paraded the naked women, took place over two months ago, but it captured national and global attention as the video went viral on social media in the past week. Police have made some arrests. A US State Department spokesperson called the incident “brutal” and “terrible” and said the United States conveyed its sympathies to the victims. The assault was reported by the victims aged 21 and 19 in May during intense eth...