Skip to main content

Actress Leah Remini sues Church of Scientology

  Actress Leah Remini sues Church of Scientology L eah Remini is taking legal action against the Church of Scientology and its leader, David Miscavige, for harassment and defamation. The actress, who starred in the sitcom The King of Queens, joined the Church in 1979 as a child and left in 2013. Remini, 53, claims Scientology's "mob-style operations and attacks" have "significantly" impacted her life and career. BBC News has asked the Church of Scientology for comment. In a statement released to Variety, Remini said: "For 17 years, Scientology and David Miscavige have subjected me to what I believe to be psychological torture, defamation, surveillance, harassment, and intimidation, significantly impacting my life and career. "I believe I am not the first person targeted by Scientology and its operations, but I intend to be the last." Church says it is still committed to Scientology HQ in Gateshead Scientologists win 'public worship...

History made at T20 World Cup qualifier as seamer claims world record haul

 History made at T20 World Cup qualifier as seamer claims world record haul

History was made on the opening day of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 Asia Regional Qualifier B tournament on Wednesday as Malaysia seamer Syazrul Ezat Idrus recorded the first seven-wicket haul in a Men's T20I.

Idrus completed the feat during the first match of the tournament when collecting the superb individual figures of 7/8 as Malaysia recorded a commanding eight-wicket victory over China at Bayuemas Oval.



A total of 12 bowlers had previously claimed six-wicket hauls in a Men's T20I - including India duo Deepak Chahar and Yuzvendra Chahal, Australia spinner Ashton Agar and Sri Lanka tweaker Ajantha Mendis - but an elusive seven-wicket haul had never been recorded until Idrus' amazing effort.

The right-armer took a liking to the conditions in Pandamaran as he single-handedly ripped through the Chinese batting line-up, picking up all seven of his wickets bowled as the visitors were dismissed for just 23 in the 12th over.

Malaysia lost two quick wickets in reply as they chased down the victory target in the fifth over, giving them the perfect start to the qualifying tournament they are hosting ahead of the T20 World Cup in the USA and West Indies next year.

The winner of this tournament will progress to the Asia Regional Final in Nepal in November, with the two leading teams from that event then making it through to the 20-over showcase in 2024.

Comments

Popular Posts

Margot Robbie: life and secrets of the Australian 'Barbie'

  Margot Robbie: life and secrets of the Australian 'Barbie' Margot Robbie's beginnings Margot Elise Robbie was born on the 2nd of July 1990 in Dalby, Australia. Though we now know her as an actress, she started her career as a model. Read how she went from sharing an apartment with seven people to becoming one of Hollywood's big stars. ICU (2009) 'ICU' was Margot Robbies's first film role. It was shot in 2007 and brought out in 2009. She was 18 years old by then. Neighbours (2010) Margot Robbie's first well-known performance was in the long-standing Australian soap series 'Neighbours.' She appeared in episode 5,466 of a series that had been running since 1985. From Australia to New York On January 26, 2011, Margot Robbie's character Donna Freedman decided to move to New York to become a fashion designer. This was the last 'Neighbours' chapter in which Robbie appeared...

US deeply concerned by India sexual assault case in viral videos

  US deeply concerned by India sexual assault case in viral  videos. > The assault was reported by the victims aged 21 and 19 in May during intense ethnic clashes between the tribal Kuki people and majority ethnic Meitei over potential changes to economic benefits given to the Kuki WASHINGTON: The United States said on Sunday it was deeply concerned by reports of viral videos showing two women paraded naked in India’s northeastern state of Manipur, a sexual assault case that enraged the country. The assault, in which a mob allegedly raped and paraded the naked women, took place over two months ago, but it captured national and global attention as the video went viral on social media in the past week. Police have made some arrests. A US State Department spokesperson called the incident “brutal” and “terrible” and said the United States conveyed its sympathies to the victims. The assault was reported by the victims aged 21 and 19 in May during intense eth...